Tuesday 10 November 2015

Abundance in a nutshell


I had a fascinating week, spent under the sign of walnuts and filled with plenty of memorable experiences. I gave and I was given, thus in return of my basket full of apples I got it back, filled with walnuts right when I didn’t have any at home but I needed them so much. I took them as a gift, which later on I used for a special thanksgiving occasion. Being a symbol of abundance, the walnuts, let me see how much one can have, even if you don’t have much or anything at all.
That was an interesting week of comparing incomparable things. I could hear the word “abundance” coming from so many different places, but at the same time, it was always opposed to the word “lack”. And the word “lack”, somehow, took its priority over everything else, despite the visible abundance. Though, for some, abundance is measured only by the material and visible spectrum, it’s strange how lack could become more measurable regardless its invisible nature.
The missing things in our lives, or what we think we miss, usually have such a strong power and influence on us, so that to make us blind and numb to everything else which could be in the presence. We are more likely to entirely concentrate and give our whole energy on that, I dare say, illusory emptiness, and to sink into our own sea of negative emotions. The more we focus on that emptiness, the more miserable we get and it looks more difficult to cope with that issue.
I do believe that our existence in the Universe has always been a matter of a perfect balance. Therefore, if we define that something is not enough or missing in our lives, there’s at the same time enough or plenty of something else to keep the balance. We only have to identify what we’ve got more and to learn how to wisely use this resource in our favour. It’s above all learning experience which triggers our flexibility and readiness to acquire new and useful knowledge and skills.
As for the measurement of emptiness or abundance, it has always been a question of how we take these notions emotionally. The negative emotions can turn a simple missing thing into the biggest drama while getting this same thing may not make us so incredibly happy. Thus, the whole abundance in the Universe could be held in just a nutshell for us, but to evoke an avalanche of positive emotions. It’s, in particular, a matter of how we perceive abundance and not how we see it after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment