Friday 24 June 2016

The anger of a gentle skunk



Once in a while, an outlandish idea may flash in my mind, and though it could stay there and keep my thoughts busy for a while, eventually, I will reach to the conclusion that it’s a rather nice-to-have necessity. And it’s not because of its bizarre nature, but my own unwillingness to go deeper and outline all possible aspects to prioritise and make it profitable in practice. Therefore, this idea will sink into a certain “drawer” of my mind and patiently wait for the right time to come and make me take the needed actions.
It’s always nice to have something stored, especially in one of those moments when we thrive to accept the wisdom that everything we have in the here and now is everything we need, irrespective of whether we perceive it as abundance or a resource to create abundance. Moreover, we will be offered a good number of supportive events to refresh that bizarre idea and help us realise what its profound meaning is all about. Consequently, we may get to the point that what we have considered as a nice-to-have necessity is actually a fundamental need.
Conceiving the fundamental need to protect me and survive among all other species came out as a sign of a little skunk. Unquestionably, the fame of this gentle animal was a reason good enough to urge me to get rid as soon as possible of it. Thus, focusing entirely on the smelly surface of that story I missed the chance to read the full content of the message. A mere defence mechanism is not enough to reveal the whole and real nature even of a little skunk, but still, it’s a good first sign to keep away the foes and to be respected.
Some signs and symbols do not come in our life to simply measure our intelligence and emotional advancement. Their only purpose is to make us further grow in order to see their whole beauty, although at a first glance it could be hidden behind some repellent layers. I brought up my little skunk to discover its patience, prudence and peaceful character. This cute fellow taught me that being a gentle person is not a weakness to be ashamed of. I only had to find my defence mechanism and learn how to wisely use it.
The gentleness and the devastating anger are two sides of one and the same medal. It takes time for a peaceful creature to be taken out of emotional control and a great dose of profanity not being able to read all signs which have been shouting “back off.” When the fear of our physical or emotional survival has been triggered, anger comes to take its role as a defence mechanism and not to define us as a “smelly” personality. It gives a reputation powerful enough to keep all trespassers at a healthy distance and the freedom to enjoy the right of being good.

No comments:

Post a Comment