Sunday 20 September 2015

Kiss the frog


That’s not the story of the frog prince and there will be no need to kiss a frog, at least not literary; or probably it is as the flip-flop of a frog inspired me to write it down! That’s a story of how to find your lost motivation when it seems that you have already reached the bottom of the swamp and there’s not a single ray of light coming through the muddy waters.
The frog reminded me of a dream I had a couple of years ago. I was talking to some ladies about the art of rhythmic gymnastics and how gracefully one should perform each element. The magic trick to enchant the judges is to toss the ball as high as possible, to make some breathtaking elements in between, and to catch the ball a second before it reaches the floor.
Just like the princess in “The frog prince,” I tossed my glittery ball very high. I did some elements, and at the moment when I was supposed to catch it, something heavy hit my hand and I dropped it. It was not my rhythmic but a rugby ball. I ran after it and caught it. And there I was holding that rugby ball in my hands, wondering where it came from.
I spent some time pondering the dream the other day - the symbol of the ball and playing with it, presenting the life and more specifically how I felt about it. I remembered how happy I was at the gym, filled with creative energy and enthusiasm; and how unhappy and emotionally drained I was at that moment with everything I was doing.
I was aware it was a time for a big change, which was giving me the chance to get out there and find myself. While I understand that it is much easier to be said than to be done, kicking the ”rugby ball” as far as possible away from me, was the only possible solution to have myself on the right track again. I know it is not an easy task at all and it wasn’t.
I spent some time trying different things and taking off new projects to soon find out that all of them were nothing but a new expression of the old ”rugby ball”. I found myself totally lost in life, wondering whether I could do anything at all. I was reading articles on how to find my lost motivation, ticking the boxes with all those precious advises, but my inspiration had left me completely alone.
That was the moment when the little frog came to me – just like the princess who was sitting next to the spring and crying for her lost golden ball. It was not a real frog. It was a yoga frog pose – one of my latest undertakings which were supporting the finding of my lost me. I knew that I could do it, but it was too hard to make it. That was the moment when my inspiration came back.
Whenever you find yourself lost just look around since the frog is most probably sitting somewhere next to you. It could be anything that somewhere deep inside you want and know you can achieve, but it needs some efforts to be done. Leave behind any uncertainties and excuses, and “kiss” the little thing. Very soon it will turn into the most handsome prince you have dreamed of or a dream come true.





No comments:

Post a Comment